The job title: Seasonal Groundskeeper (Mower)
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Job Duration: 6-12 Months
- Min Education: None
- Min Experience: 0-1 Year
- Required Travel: None
- Salary: $12.32 – $16.00 (Hourly Wage)
The primary responsibilities will revolve around turf management specifically mowing, trimming treating and edging grass areas. Work involves operating mowing equipment and power trimmers to mow and trim turf areas. Employee is also responsible for picking up and discarding trash, raking leaves, weeding flower beds, pruning trees, painting facilities and other duties as required.
Physical Requirements: Must be physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment, including pick-up trucks, riding mowers, power trimmers, equipment trailers, shovels, primers, hand tools, etc. Requires the ability to maintain body equilibrium when bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, reaching and/or stretching arms, legs or other parts of body, and to physically maneuver over and/or upon varying terrain, surfaces or physical structures. Requires the ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Data Conception: Requires the ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural, or composite characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
Interpersonal Communication: Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information. Includes receiving instructions, assignments and/or directions from superiors.
Language Ability: Requires the ability to read correspondence and daily work logs, manuals, etc. Requires the ability to prepare correspondence, time sheets, daily work duty sheets and fuel/mileage log. Requires the ability to speak to people with poise, voice control and confidence.
Intelligence: Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; and the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently using Standard English.
Numerical Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize mathematical formulas, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Form/Spatial Aptitude: Requires the ability to inspect items for proper length, width and shape.
Motor Coordination: Requires the ability to coordinate hands and eyes rapidly and accurately in using lawn maintenance equipment.
Manual Dexterity: Requires the ability to handle a variety of items, shovels, tree pruners, small hand tools, etc. Must have minimal levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
Color Discrimination: Requires the ability to differentiate between colors and shades of color.
Interpersonal Temperament: Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when confronted with persons acting under stress.
Physical Communication: Requires the ability to talk and hear (talking – expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words; hearing – perceiving nature of sounds by ear).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of parks maintenance.
- General knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures, and terminology used within Prospect Recreation District.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of hand and power tools necessary in performing construction and renovation work.
- Skilled in the use of mowers, trimmers, pruners and other grounds maintenance equipment and tools.
- Ability to use a variety of grounds maintenance machines and equipment, including mowers, pruners, edgers, trimmers and small hand tools.
- Ability to perform physically demanding labor in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and attention to detail in applying standards to work situations.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in contact with vendors and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, as necessitated by work assignments.
To apply, visit https://www.prospectdistrict.org/application-for-employment/